Year progress: ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░ 91%
This week was quite busy and productive. We discovered a bug in Supportress, and started investigating it. I continued implementing payments. We had a great discussion with Ilias on how our existing models match what the payments tutorial suggests. It turned out we already had a model that corresponds to the suggested Subscription model in the tutorial. Only with a different name. So, we had to create a migration to rename a table. Then rename all other references in the code. Turns out Rails 6 has a rename_table method that takes care of almost everything for you. Since we haven’t deployed our app to production, we can afford to run that. If it was in production, there’s a much more involved process to make sure your app can continue running without any problems.
This is for our Greek friends. I’ve cleaned up devkatiano.com. Changed the theme and chose a font that looks good both in Greek and English. I fixed the URLs to be consistent, and changed the titles to be more descriptive. I fixed the summaries in the main page, and I added a featured image to each post that comes from each video cast. That helps by adding a different visual element to each post —although you still see the two same faces. We are thinking of starting having guests. Both using Greek and the English language. So, if you would be interested in that, go ahead and subscribe to that blog as well.
On the gaming side of things, Sector Five II’s PR to make the first level have a proper goal has been merged.
I want to refine and blog about the vision of our company, HeavyMelon. Our current vision is “Create a place where people have calm working conditions”. We do that through the tools and services we create.